Academic Associate of Science in Cardiovascular Sonography
In WCUI’s exciting Cardiovascular Sonography programs, our students look at the structure and function of the heart and vascular systems in the body to prevent illness and disease. With a WCUI Cardiovascular Sonography degree, students will take part in checking on vital heart health, a key asset to preventative medicine,
• Bachelors of Science - CVS
• Complete program in 36 months
• Learn to perform cardiac and vascular ultrasound examinations under the direction of a physician
• Become eligible for relevant CCI and ARDMS registries upon graduation
• Academic Associates of Science - CVS
• Complete program in 21 to 24 months
• Learn to perform ultrasounds used for examining normal anatomy and assessing various pathologies of the heart and vascular system
• Become eligible for relevant CCI registry exam upon graduation
• Accreditation and Licensure
• Use the many resources that WCUI’s has developed to become eligible for relevant registries upon graduation*
• Cardiac Credentialing International - cci-online.org
• American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography - ARDMS.org
* These registry’s are independent organizations and the prerequisites for eligibility can change at any time without WCUI’s knowledge or consent. This document is meant to be a guide only and all students should review the registry’s website for the most up-to-date information.
• Program Objectives
Graduates of the Cardiovascular Sonography program will:
Demonstrate a commitment to the field of Cardiovascular
- Vascular sonography
Diseases of the heart
Preventative and screening protocols
Effectively express oneself in written and oral
Demonstrate problem-solving techniques in the basic
concepts and principles of physical science.
Demonstrate entry level clinical knowledge, skills, and
attitudes in the care of patients undergoing cardiac ultrasound procedures.
Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and professionalism.
Be prepared to sit for registry exams.
Obtain an entry level position as an ultrasound
Develop skills for lifelong learning.