Entrance Requirements for Domestic and International Students
Applicants enrolling in the programs offered by West Coast Ultrasound Institute must show proof of having graduated from high school or the equivalent. The following are some examples:
- Official high school diploma or high school transcript, or
- General Education Diploma (GED), or
- Translated and evaluated foreign secondary diploma.
A background check is required before admission into your program.
Please note: Students may not be able to attend Externship/Clinicals or become Certified or Registered depending on their criminal background.
Domestic applicants must successfully pass the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam published by Wonderlic, Inc. WCUI does not admit Ability to Benefit students. International applicants must successfully pass the TOEFL test.
Wonderlic Exam Passing Scores
Wonderlic WBST Exam Passing Scores
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – 18
- Cardiovascular Echosonography – 18
- Pediatric Cardiac Ultrasound and Congenital Heart Disease – 18
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – 18
- All AAS Degree Programs – 18
- Cardiovascular Technologist - 18
Vocational Nursing Entrance Requirements
- All BS Degree Programs - ENG: 325, MATH: 275
Click here to view Vocational Nursing License Examination Passage Rates
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Submit proof of having graduated from high school or the equivalent (see examples above – Foreign transcripts/credentials must be evaluated for U.S. 12th grade equivalency by a NACES member evaluating agency)
- Pass the ASSET test with a minimum score of 60%
- Write an essay on “Why I Want to be a Nurse” in English in no less than 500 words.
- Be interviewed by the Nursing Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
- Applicants who are accepted in the Vocational Nursing program and request to receive credit for prior nursing education courses completed, must submit official transcript within the application deadline.
Pediatric Cardiac Ultrasound and Congential Heart Disease Entrance Requirements
- Diploma from an approved adult cardiac ultrasound program, or current RDCS, RCS registry.
- Successful interview with Dr. Pierre Wong, (Program Director) or Karen Amborwitz, (Assistant Program Director).
- Pass the Wonderlic exam.
- There are no vaccination requirements for admission.
- Prior to entering externship or nursing clinicals, students must provide proof of current immunizations.
The following procedures are established for admissions to West Coast Ultrasound Institute:
To Apply West Coast Ultrasound Institute
The student must tour the facility and interview with an Admissions Representative. Information will include disclosures of completion, placement rates, tuition payment plans, and the applicant’s professional educational goals.
All Applicants Must
Complete an Enrollment Application. (Download the Application here)
- Include a $100.00 application fee (U.S. Dollars).
- Submit a copy of a picture ID (driver’s license or an identification card).
- Complete a background check.
- Provide proof of high school completion or GED (as stated above).
- Pass the entrance examination.
Acceptance in to the programs is conditional upon meeting all deadlines to complete funding paperwork.
If enrollments exceed class availability, files will be reviewed by the campus director and notification of acceptance or denial will be mailed within 2 weeks prior to your scheduled start date.
Credit for Previous Training
West Coast Ultrasound Institute, accepts transfer credit based on equivalent course work. The Director of Education will determine equivalency. Refer to Transfer Credit Policy located in the catalog.
International Students Only - This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
International students must also complete or provide the following after they have been accepted for enrollment in order to receive the I-20 form to apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa:
- A Confidential Statement of Finances: (An official letter, or bank statement, must be submitted certifying that there are enough funds available for living expenses. One year of living expenses is approximately $15,000).
- Payment of the first 6 months of tuition in advance.
- A copy of their passport.
- A copy of the I-94 card/printout.
- Take a iBt TOEFL test used to measure English skills and pass with a score of 62 or higher.
You may download the latest School Catalogs here: Catalog and other Consumer Information